sábado, 4 de octubre de 2008

Sweet Berry juice- episode one




DAY ONE

There are trees all around, coloring de scenery with a warm green. The breeze is gentle, and the lighting is subtle. There is small cottage made out of wood in between pine trees. The truck pulls in and from the driver’s seat comes CECILIA dressed in a loose gardener’s clothes, topping the outfit with a baseball cap. Her clothes are very dirty, and her hair is glued to her front, underneath the cap. She walks towards the cottage and knocks on the door.

The whistling of birds can be heard near and distant. The grass is wild. Nevertheless, the cottage is quite taken care of. A voice from inside the cottage is heard.

PAUL
Who is it?

CECILIA
Cecilia

PAUL
coming..

The squeak of an old sofa can be heard, followed by some footsteps. The door opens and PAUL(played by Chris Cooper) appears holding the knob. He is a very tall man of near 45 years old. His clothes are neat, his hair is pulled back in a pony tail and his green eyes look down at Cecilia with a smile. Cecilia looks back at him with a more held back atittude, but displaying an honest smile.

PAUL
howdy

CECILIA
howdy

Paul opens the door wider and lets way for Cecilia to walk by and into the small cottage. He closes the door behind her. Cecilia looks around, she sees pictures, strange objects, and even some clothes scattered around. Paul goes to the kitchenet behind the bar and opens the refrigirator.

CECILIA
I really love this place.

PAUL
you know you’re welcome anytime

CECILIA
yeah, I know

PAUL
what do you want sugar? beer? juice? water? coke?

CECILIA
juice. is it fresh?

PAUL
its homemade berry juice from the bushes outside.

CECILIA
I’ll have some juice then.

Paul takes the vase with the berry juice and pours some into two cup. He places the filled cups in a tray, along with a bowl of cookies and the vase with the juice. He lifts the tray and takes it to the small table in front of the sofa.. Cecilia is already seated. Paul puts down the tray, sits down next to Cecilia and passes her cup of juice, taking his cup in his other hand. Cecilia takes a sip.

CECILIA
ummm. it’s perfect.

PAUL
this season brought some nice berries.

CECILIA
I wish I could I drink this everyday.

Paul laughs.
PAUL
(laughing) I bet. I do. but it isn’t always season, and it doesn’t always turn out like that.

CECILIA
well, no one is perfect. right?

PAUL
you said it. I like how we’re getting started.

Cecilia looks down, with a doubtfull smile.

CECILIA
Yeah...I don’t know. there are so many things I don’t know.

PAUL
me too, there must be a thousand things I don’t know.

CECILIA
you know me.

PAUL
yes, I do know you quite well.

CECILIA
look at me? how am I doing?

PAUL
if you want I can tell you that you’re doing fine. and it’ll be true. you’re doing fine.

CECILIA
fine isn’t well enough

PAUL
let me finish, let me finish.. you are doing fine, and fine is good enough and completely perfect. But you’re the only one who can really answer that question.

No hay comentarios: